CALCULATE IN DAX
This article shows How to understand CALCULATE function in DAX. Calculate is one of the powerful functions in DAX language. This function will be a substitute for Excel’s SUMIF, COUNTIF, AVERAGEIF or ANYTHINGIF in reality. You can perform any kind of complex aggregate calculations using CALCULATE function.
Let’s understand that in detail..
- Expression: This can be any aggregation like Sum, Count, Average..
- Sum of Sales:=SUM(SalesAmount)
- No of Customers:=COUNTROWS(CustomerTable)
- Average Profit:=AVERAGE(Sales(Profit))
- Filter: This is can be any filter on the category. Like Product which is Red, Region which “East”
Eg: Product=”Red”, Region=”East”, Country=”Australia” etc.